Friday 22 May 2009

Fruita and Moab Trip Update




Today's forecast is mainly sunny, dry trails at all times, plenty of singletrack, in fact more than your legs can cope with. Am I in the North Downs? Sorry guys no way- I'm in the arid desert terrain of Fruita Colorado and Moab, Utah. I've had 4 days riding so far and if you want to hear it in detail then better check out my blog as there is really to much grin factor and verbosity to clutter up Nirvana Cycles blog.

However i knew you all wanted me to gloat on about how dry and hot it is - over 30 degress most days. The singletrack is so flowy and fast as its packed hard, but as you pick up speed beware of trail obstacles- rock steps, ledges, cacti, snakes and sheer drops off cliffs if you look at the veiws too long! 

The scenery is awesome and soon I'll be boring you with it but there is so much to take in.


Some recommended riding in case you come out here:-
  • Joes Ridge and Zippety Do Da at Book Cliffs area in Fruita where I camped day 1- sweet!
  • Horsetheif Bench at Fruita- snaky singletrack, fun rock ledges, incredible views!
  • Slickrock- the famous trail- so much traction you can stand on pedals in granny gear with your weight over thr front wheel and never lose traction up the steep steep climbs.
  • Hazzards trail into Kokopelli and Porcupine rim- the most amazing 30 miles of downhill singletrack I've ever experienced from 9500 feet (3000m altitude), imagine singletrack without a break all day! Wow!





Well that is a taste of life so far- beware more tall tales will be forthcoming.

Hope you guys aren't missing me too much yet- wish you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment